Tilcon Connecticut is an award-winning, leading supplier of quality crushed stone, hot mix asphalt and ready mix concrete. They provide heavy and highway construction and paving services for state/local road, bridge and highway projects and have a barge transportation division that delivers stone.
In the last several decades, Tilcon Connecticut has seen several acquisitions and mergers:
- 1923 – Angelo Tomasso Inc., was founded
- 1957 – North Haven Asphalt Company, Tomasso of North Haven, Inc. founded
- 1961 – Sherman Sand and Stone Co. (New Britain), Sherman-Tomasso Concrete Inc. founded
- 1964 – Arborio & Sons (Farmington), and the formation of a new entity known as Arborio Tomasso, Inc.
- 1965 – Construction of new concrete plant in Middletown, CT
- 1969 – Purchase of Helming Brothers in Bristol, CT
- 1970’s – Ashland Oil Resources Company purchased New Haven Trap Rock
- 1970 – Construction of the Portland, CT Asphalt Plant
- 1972 – Ashland Oil Resources Company purchased Angelo Tomasso Inc. to become NHTR Tomasso
- 1975 – Purchased the Hamden, CT asphalt plant from Blakeslee Company
- 1979 – Thomas Tilling Ltd. Purchased Ashland Oil in the North East. Tomasso became known as Tilcon Tomasso, a division of Tilcon Warren, Inc.
- 1984 – Sold to British Tire and Rubber Co.
- 1990 – Tilcon Tomasso became known as Tilcon Connecticut
- 1996 – Sold to CRH of Dublin, Ireland – a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange (ticker symbol CRH) – BALF Company in Newington was already owned by CRH in the nineties
- 2000 – Tilcon purchased Soneco
Tilcon Connecticut Inc. continues to supply construction materials throughout the state by using today’s technology to produce quality Aggregates and Hot Mix Asphalt.
Heavy & Highway Construction
At Tilcon Connecticut, we invest in the training needed to help our employees, future leaders and our business to be successful!
Interested in working for us?
We are looking for high performers with the desire to continually learn and embrace opportunities to develop new skills. Our search is focused on individuals who demonstrate our core values of safety, quality and integrity. Find out about our openings and more here: Careers at Tilcon
P.O. Box 1357
642 Black Rock Ave.
New Britain, CT 06050
About Oldcastle (our parent company)
Oldcastle is North America’s largest manufacturer of building products and materials. With more than 2,000 locations throughout North America, we are in constant pursuit of the next generation of successful decision makers, leaders and problem solvers. Learn more about joining the Oldcastle team HERE.